Aim of the Cource
Aim of the Cource
- The aim of the Mufti Engine Rating Course conducted by the AAC Flight Academy is to provide candidates seeking their initial multi Engine Rating, a sound theoretical knowledge of Multi Engine A/C operation, equip them with skills necessary for the safe and competent operation of Multi Engine A/C and to train them to the level of proficiency necessary (o obtain (lie Piper Seneca Il PA-34-200T Rating as the initial Multi Engine Rating (MER).
Ground Training Curricula of Multi Engine Rating Course
- The Ground Training for the Multi Engine Rating Course comprises a total of 07 hours of ground training on subjects associated with the operation of multi-engine A/C. It includes elements which are related to the type of A/C to be used on the course. The training should be integrated with the flight training so that the maximum benefit is gained from time spent ¡n the air.
- The outline Ground Training Curricula ¡s as follows:
- A/ C and Engine Systems
- Module VP Prowlers and Feathering
- Principle of Multi Engine Flight
- Minimum Control & Safety Speed
- Weight & Balance
- Effect of EF on Sys & Performance
- Weight & Performance
- The Ground Training shall be given by the flying instructor conducting the course. However, they may be given in the form of lectures by a suitably qualified ground instructor. The candidates are expected to have a minimum theory Knowledge equivalent to CPL ground examination standard
Minimum Age Requirement
- A Candidate registering for the Multi Engine Rating Course shall be at least 17 years of age.
Minimum Educational and License Requirements
- A Candidate registering for the Multi Engine Rating Course shall have obtained minimum of six passes including English, Mathematics and Science at the GCE Ordinary Level Examination, with a Credit Pass for English and a Credit Pass for either Mathematics or Science, or an equivalent qualification. Additionally, candidates shall possess a current and valid Private Pilot’sLicense or Commercial Pilots License, issued or granted or rendered valid in pursuance of Air Navigation Regulations of Sri Lanka and shall have a minimum theory Knowledge equivalent to CPL ground examination standard.
- A Candidate registering for the Multi Engine Rating Course shall obtain and hold a valid Class 1 Medical Assessment.
- A Candidate registering for the Multi Engine Rating Course shall be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of written and spoken English Language.
- Multi Engine Rating Course comprises of 07 hours (minimum) of Ground Training comprising of Theory Instructions / Discussions and minimum of 07 hrs of Flight Training. The course will be delivered within a period of 2 – 6 weeks.