BSc (Hons) in Aerospace Engineering
What you will study..?
Year 1 provides an introduction to aerospace engineering as well as underpinning the skills and knowledge you will need for more specialist topics later in the course. You will study analytical subjects such as mathematics, engineering science, structural mechanics and dynamics, which provide the necessary theoretical background; engineering design and applications, which provide the necessary skills; and an introduction to the profession of engineering.
Year 2 builds upon the foundation of Year 1 and introduces specialised topics in aerospace engineering, including aerodynamics and aircraft structures. It includes further study of mathematics, mechanical science and materials.
Year 3 will deepen your knowledge of specialized aerospace engineering subjects such as propulsion, maintenance and logistics, and will broaden your expertise in other areas of engineering. It includes a major group design project and an individual research project
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list. Those listed here may also be a mixture of core and optional modules.
- Engineering Design and Professional Practice
- Engineering Mechanics, Structures & Materials
- Engineering Mathematics and Computing Applications
- Fluid Mechanics and Engineering Science
- Electronic Systems, Control and Computing
- Engineering Project Management
- Aircraft Systems
- Aerospace Engineering
- Air Transport Economics
- Individual Project (Aircraft IEng)
- Aircraft Maintenance Operations
- Aerospace Technology
- Direct entry – Three (03) Passes at GCE A/L with Mathematics and Science Subjects and a minmum of 240 points + Plus Five (5) Credit Passes at GCE O/L Including credit passes for Mathematics and English
Other entry routes
- Engineering foundation year.
- Students with lesser than 240 points may follow a foundation programme ( Engineering Foundation pathway to BSc. (Hons) in Aerospace Engineering )
(A* – 56 points, A – 48 points, B – 40 Points, C – 32 Points, D – 24Points and S/E – 16Points).
3 years Full Time First two years of study are available at AAC in Sri Lanka and the Third / Final year of study is at Kingston University in London, UK
September / October (Contact the Information Centre for commencement dates – 0114510303/4, firstname.lastname@example.org