Aim of the Cource
- The aim of the Private Pilot License Course conducted by the AAC Flight Academy is to provide candidates seeking their first Pilot License, a sound theoretical knowledge of single engine aeroplaneoperation and to equip candidates with skills necessary for the safe and competent operation of single engine aeroplane, under Visual Flight Rules.
- A PPL can be considered your first license towards the career in aviation.
The Ground Training for the Private Pilot License Course includes a minimum total of 210 hours of Instructions which can comprise of classroom instructions, presentations, computer-based- training, discussions, progress tests, etc.
The outline Ground Training Curricula is as follows
- Air Law
- A/C General Knowledge
- Flight Performance and Planning
- Human Performance & Limitations
- Operational Procedures
- Principles of Flight
- 3 Months of Flight Training conducted at Ratmalana covering following practical flying skills accomplishing 45 Hours of Flight Training
- General Flight Training (Climbs and Descends, Straight and Level, Turning, Emergency Procedures)
- Basic Instrument Flying (Learning to Fly using your Instrument
- Night flying (5 Hours of Night Flying allowing you to exercise your PPL Privileges during night Time
- Cross Country Flying (Flying outside local training area to teach you Navigation skills)
- Age Requirement
A Candidate registering to the Private Pilot License Course shall be at least 16 years of age (An applicant For PPL shall be at least 17 years of age).
- Educational Requirements
A Candidate shall have obtained minimum of six passes including English Mathematics and Science at the GCE Ordinary Level Examination, with a Credit Pass for English and a Credit Pass or either Mathematics or Science, or an equivalent qualification
- Medical Requirements
A Candidate for the PPL shall obtain and hold a valid Class 1 or Class 2 Medal Assessment.
- Language Requirements
A Candidates shall be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of written and spoken English Language
- Full Time duration 6 Months
3 month Ground Training
3 moth Flight Training (approx.)