Aim of the Cource
Aim of the Cource
- The aim of the Instrument Rating Modular Course conducted by AAC Flight Academy is to provide candidates seeking their firstInstrument Rating, a sound theoretical knowledge of A/C operationunder Instrument Flight Rules, equip them with skills necessary for the Safe and competent operation of A/C under Instrument Flight Rulesand to train them to the level of proficiency necessary for the issue offirst Instrument Rating (IR).
Ground Training Curricula of Instrument Rating Modular Course
- Air Law ATC Procedures
- Flight Performance and Planning
- The Training shall be given in the form of lectures by suitably qualified instrument lecturers
Minimum Age Requirement
- A Candidate registering for the Instrument Rating ModularCourse shalt be at least 17 years of age (An applicant for a PPLshall be at least 17 years of age).
Minimum Educational and License Requirements
- A Candidate registering for the Instrument Rating ModularCourse shall have obtained minimum of six passes includingEnglish, Mathematics and Science at the GCE Ordinary LevelExamination, with a Credit Pass for English and a Credit Passfor either Mathematics or Science, or an equivalentqualification. Additionally, candidates shall possess a currentand valid Private Pilot’sLicense or Commercial Pilots License with Night Qualification, issued or granted or rendered valid ¡n Pursuance of Air Navigation Regulations of Sri Lanka.
- Furthermore, candidates shall have completed at least 50 hrs ofCross-Country flight time as PIC of A/C, in categoriesacceptable to the CAASL.
- A Candidate registering for the Instrument Rating ModularCourse shall obtain and hold a valid Class I MedicalAssessment.
- A Candidate registering for the Instrument Rating ModularCourse shall be able to demonstrate a good knowledge ofwritten and spoken English Language.
- Instrument Rating Modular Course comprises of 200 hours (minimum)of Ground Training comprising of Theory Instructions, Progress Testsand Discussions and minimum of 50 hrs (Single Engine NC) or 55 hrs(Multi Engine A/C) of Flight Training (which will be reduced by 5 hrsrespectively if the candidate holds a CPL). The course will bedelivered within a period of 4 – 6