Basics in Aviation – HOLIDAY COURSE
Aviation industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the Global Arena. After recent drawbacks due to pandemic, aviation transport is emerging out as it has never been before. This induces with heavy demand for the expertise in each and every professional fields such as Pilots, Technicians, Engineers, Cabin Crew Members and as well as other related fields in the industry, throughout the world.
In order to fulfill the need to groom the new generation to face the challenges in the new world order and be prepared for selection of their career path, AACEA dedicated its specialized and experienced knowhow to educate budding youngsters to be geared up with adequate information to make an educated decision of their future. AAC has decided that it is one of their corporate responsibilities to share the expertise to educate the next generation on the opportunities and avenues.
A structured programme to provide insight and an overview of different aspects of aviation is on offer for school children over the age of 11 years. The prograamme is delivered during school vacations and consists of three parts. Once you follow the initial programme, you may continue to follow the remaining levels on the preceding school vacations. Current programme consists of three parts. This will favourably dispose a student towards making an informed choice by the time he/she becomes a teenager so that he/she can select required study streams to facilitate the intended career at their Ordinary Level or at Advanced Level.
Part – 01
The course contains the following;
• Development of Aircraft
• Aero plane Parts, Piston Engines, Gas turbine Engines, Electrical, Instruments and Navigation
• Basics in Theory of Flight
• An Introduction to Helicopters and Space Technology
• Aircraft Accidents & Aircraft Armament
• Visits to Aircraft Maintenance Hangar and Aircraft Museum
Part – 02
Eligibility criteria: – Participated and completed Part- 01 of the AAC Basics in Aviation – HOLIDAY PROGRAMME
The course contains the following theoretical subject knowledge followed with hands on practical work.
• Safety locking and cable tensioning.
• Hydraulic system filter removal and installation.
• Group Activity – Dismantling and assembling of a piston from an engine.
• How Air Traffic Controls and visit to Colombo International Airport ATC Tower.
Part – 03
Eligibility criteria: – Participated and completed Part – 01 and Part – 02 of the AAC Basics in Aviation – HOLIDAY PROGRAMME
This part of the “Basics in Aviation” course is designed to provide a more theoretical component for the aviation enthusiasts with “Hands on Experience” on some aspects of Airframes and Engines.
• Differential Compression Check and Valve Clearance Measurements
• Setting the Magneto Timing. .
• Flight Control Rigging.
• Assemble parts and complete a Glider Aircraft and fly it.
The minimum entry requirement for entry to the course shall be the age not below 11 years.
Each programme will be conducted preferably over a period of 03 days during school vacations during the day time at the Asian Aviation Centre, Colombo Airport, Ratmalana. (Around 0830 – 1530). Exact dates scheduled will be made available through AAC website, all social media sites and advertisements.
New Year Holidays in April
Summer Holidays in August
Christmas Holidays in December
5. Fees and Payment Structure (All payments are subjected to Government Tax)
Part – 01 – Rs 6500/=
Part – 02 – Rs 7000/=
Part – 03 – Rs 7500/=
6. Additional Information
Students are required to report to the AAC Engineering Academy of the Asian Aviation Centre (Pvt.) Ltd., Colombo Airport, Ratmalana by 8.30am. The course is conducted in English medium.
Student Registration: Use the Holiday Course Online Application Form on the AAC Website . ( www.aac.lk) Ex – Full Name, ID Number, Postal Address and Phone Number / Compete the Online Application Form at https://www.aac.lk
Guidelines for Registration:
– Pay online [ Click here to pay Online]
– Please deposit the course fee to A/C no. 1020012600 Commercial
Bank – City Office Branch.
– Payment proof should be sent the following:
Email to : email@example.com/ or,
WhatsApp to : 0773056269 along with personal details.
– After sending this information, please call our Hotline on 0114510303/4, 0114979779 and confirm your registration.
If you need further clarifications, please contact:
Tel: 0114979779 / 0114 510304
WhatsApp : 0773056269
The Holiday Course will be conducted as follows:
Dates : 3rd, 4th & 5th January 2024 (3days)
Time : 9.00 am – 3.30 pm